On June 15, 2019, Miss Greater Salt Lake, Dexonna Talbot was crowned Miss Utah 2019 and awarded a $10,000 scholarship at the Delta Performance Hall of the George S. and Dolores Doré Eccles Theater in Salt Lake City.
Over the next year, Dexonna will travel the state performing, sharing her social impact initiative, “Servesteem — Increasing Self Esteem Through Service,” and serving as a state ambassador for Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals. Dexonna will also compete in the 2020 Miss America Competition on NBC.
Dexonna grew up in Spanish Fork and is a student at The University of Utah pursuing a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Ballet Performance.
During the second night of preliminary competition, she received the preliminary talent award and a $100 scholarship. She was also awarded the esteemed Sadie Huish Memorial Scholarship for her work with her social impact initiative and received a $1,000 scholarship. Along with the title of Miss Utah 2019 and a $10,000 scholarship, Murdock Hyundai gave her the keys to a brand new car for the year. She will also receive multiple in-kind donations and services from the proud sponsors of the Miss Utah Organization.
Miss Utah 2019 Royalty
- First Runner-up: Miss Timpanogos, Hannah Sterling received a $4,000 scholarship, a preliminary evening wear award and $100 scholarship, and a preliminary talent award and $100 scholarship
- Second Runner-up: Miss Deseret, Sasha Sloan received a $3,000 scholarship, a preliminary evening wear award and $100 scholarship, and a doTERRA Excellence in STEM award and $500 scholarship
- Third Runner-up: Miss Panoramaland, Alexa Knutzen received a $2,000 scholarship
- Fourth Runner-up: Miss Provo, Maren Cline received a $1,000 scholarship, a talent award and $100 scholarship, and the Glenn Harman Instrumental Music Award and $500 scholarship
(Dixie State University and Weber State University also offered tuition waivers to the 2019 royalty.)
The additional seven semi-finalists rounding out the top twelve and each earning a $500 scholarship included:
- Miss Orem, Angelica Thomas
- Miss Utah Valley, Meganne Ferrel
- Miss Utah County, Anna Sun
- Miss Cache Valley, Samantha Bell
- Miss Zion, Abigail Laing
- Miss Davis County, Rachel Rose
- Miss Dixie State University, Elle Habibian (People’s Choice!)
Additional Scholarship Awards
- Miss America Academic Scholarship — Miss Rocky Mountain, Taylor Jones ($1,000 scholarship)
- Miss America Community Service Scholarship — Miss Pioneer Valley, Maria Stephens ($1,000 scholarship)
- UVU Service Scholarship — Miss North Ogden, Rachel Alder ($1,000 scholarship and $1,000 donation to the charity of choice)
- Spirit of Miss Utah — Miss Herriman, Jade Hansen ($200 scholarship)
- Miss Photogenic — Miss Weber County, Gabby Shupe ($300 photo shoot session with Emily Lesher Photography)
- Glenn Harman Instrumental Music Awards
- Miss Utah County, Anna Sun ($500 scholarship)
- Miss Provo, Maren Cline ($500 scholarship)
- Kelly Hale Non-Finalist Interview Award — Miss Nebo, Whitney Gillman ($200 scholarship)
- Kelly Hale Non-Finalist Talent Award — Miss Eagle Mountain, Kaylee Mahoney ($200 scholarship)
- Kelly Hale Non-Finalist Evening Wear/SIS Award — Miss Millard County, Tyra Sorenson ($200 scholarship)
In total, $65,000 in scholarships were made available to the Miss Utah Class of 2019.
Please note that this list only represents the awards given during the final night of competition. For details on other special awards given throughout the week, see the preliminary competition results here.
For press or appearance inquiries, please contact email@example.com.